We offer free training to all customers, and the first "Basic" training shows you how to use the system; additional classes cover coding, reimbursement and advanced research techniques. Frequently, new users on the system want to know "Where do I find the fee schedules?" or "How can I tell what Medicare will reimburse them for a particular procedure, test?" or "I want to put in a code, to see how much I will get reimbursed."
Here are the answers, but it varies depending on your subscription.<!--break-->
For Audit & Revenue Resource Center or Coding & Revenue Resource Center or Coder's Resource Center users:
- START with the Code Explorer box in the upper part of the product. ARRC and CRRC have our advanced version of Code explorer which allows you to:
- Search by key word, code, code range, or wildcard characters to see the Outpatient and Physician payment for the HCPCS codes that match your search.
- To customize these calculators to your hospital and region, click on the dollar amount shown and customize!
- To see OTHER fee schedules (Like Clinical Lab, Ambulatory Surgery, DME, Ambulance, Skilled Nursing Facility CB, and Home Health), click on the CODEBOOK link.
For Regulation & Reimbursement Suite users:
- START on the coding tab. On the left are lookup tools and on the right are their companion codebooks.
- If you need to look up the code, click on Code Explorer (this is the simple version) and search by keyword, code or wildcard
- Pick the payment system: For Outpatient, Choose the APC Calculator, for Physician, Choose the RVU Calculator, for all other fee schedules, choose the HCPCS & CPT Codebook.
- Enter your code and search!!
ADVANCED REIMBURSEMENT TOOL KIT!
Many RRS subscribers who do a lot of code and reimbursement research find value in changing their subscription to ARRC. It has the advanced version of Code Explorer, as well as extra content including CPT Assistant (R), CPT Changes (R), and Coding Clinic for HCPCS & ICD-9-CM. But it also has 7 great in-depth case calculators for these major payment systems:
- Outpatient PPS with outlier calculation included
- Physician Fee Schedule with HPSA adjustment included
- Inpatient PPS with outlier calculation included, and the ability to key in "what if" scenarios with all your adjustment factors
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility PPS
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility PPS
- Long Term Care Hospital PPS
- Home Health
If you want to learn more about coding tools or payment calculators on the MediRegs system, print the USER GUIDE available on the welcome tab, or sign up for free training!